Monday, August 3, 2015

Weekend Things ~ Beach Day

Having been on vacation for half of July, we were way behind on our beach quota for the summer.

With a minimum of resistance, I got the troops mustered and out the door.

M, who spent most of the week going to concerts, and who is also a teenager and therefore perpetually in need of a nap, spent most of the day curled in a towel reading.


The water was too cold and the waves too rough for me to go in above my waist.

(I must be getting old.)


I spent the day sketching and reading a deliciously escapist book--I've been on a serious nonfiction jag for a long time; it felt good to read something completely fun.



As always, everyone else was ready to go before I was...I could have lasted a couple more hours, at least. One of these days, I'm going to go to the beach all by myself, with a big stack of books and and umbrella.

P.S. I have a guest post up on the Literary Mama blog today .

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day! I hope you get a few more of those in before summer comes to an end :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes... we are way behind on our beach quota as well. Your beach looks wonderful and it looks like your boys are thoroughly enjoying it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good day. Hope you get caught up on beach-going as well!

      Delete
    2. It was a good day. Hope you get caught up on beach-going as well!

      Delete
  3. Looks like it was just beautiful. Hope you get your Beach Day for 1 soon. You deserve it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...