Friday, March 6, 2009

A Few Laughs

Last weekend, C and I went to a comedy show, which was totally out of character for us--not only was it our second date in as many weeks, but it's not the sort of thing we normally go to. However, the comedienne was a friend of ours, whom we haven't seen in a while, and we were excited to see her show (which included one story about M!). The venue was extremely odd--the tiny living room in a cramped house, filled with lots and lots of people. The opening act was two electric guitars blasting Led Zeppelin (or something...all that stuff sounds the same to me--I'm such a grandma!). But the show was great, and very funny. As I sat there laughing, I realized that I NEVER laugh. I probably go days or even weeks without so much as a snicker or giggle (other than fake laughs at M's jokes). Even my writing, which I once considered mildly amusing, has gotten, if not depressing, then just plain boring.

Is it just this time of year (not much is funny about negative 8.9 in March)? Or am I just a miserable old crank? Will the coming spring lighten my mood and bring levity and jollity to my demeanor or do I need to join a laughter club? Maybe I just need to spend more time hanging out with my funny friends (you know who you are!).

1 comment:

  1. M, E, and Z make me laugh all the time. When they are older you will look back and laugh at a lot of things they are doing now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...