Thursday, March 18, 2010

Finished!

I just finished this Simple Yet Effective Shawl over the weekend.



This has been my Process project. It's knit with sock yarn (Noro--yummy!) on size four needles, and you start out casting on seven stitches and end up with around 300 on the needles, so there's no end in sight for a long time. It's all about the knitting, not the final product (just before I finished--with only half a row left--I thought I had lost it, which would really have made it all about process). And it is the project on which I became a Knitter. Look, I even blocked it (unheard of!).
It turned out a bit ridiculously tiny (especially after all that process), but it's kind of nice to have on hand at work, to take off/put on as I get chilled/warm. In fact, I like it so well (the shawl? the yarn? the process?) I'm about to start another one in even more rainbowy yarn.

5 comments:

Lone Star Ma said...

Gorgeous.

Tan Family said...

Oh wow! This is so beautiful. Don't you love Noro? Everything in a Noro yarn comes out gorgeous. You are a wonderful knitter!

Mountain Grandma said...

It turned out beautiful, Andrea!! It makes me want to get some Noro and make one, too. Maybe when you are here!

. said...

very inspiring, Andrea...I love the colors!

Mary Beth said...

It is gorgeous! Thanks for linking to it. I'm inspired to get mine started (somehow)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...