Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wash Wednesday

C does most of our laundry--since he often works from home he's able to take advantage of the sunny days when they happen, and hanging out the wash gives him a break from the computer--so I'm rarely home when laundry is hanging on the line to take a picture of it. Believe me, I'm not complaining about this. However, a couple of weekends ago, I was home on a sunny Saturday morning and put in a load. Some things are just never dirty in C's eyes (towels, sheets, table cloths...still, I'm not complaining: he even puts on a DVD and holds a folding party once every couple of weeks, while I will just sort everyone's clothes into different baskets, hand M his to fold and put away, put away my own and, occasionally fold E and Z's--if I have time).


I love vintage printed table cloths, but they rarely come long enough for our big table. For a while I would layer them on top of a plain white table cloth (=more laundry), but now I just reach the table cloth to one end of the table and leave the other end bare (the end that usually hosts mail, homework, magazines, art projects). C prefers to use plastic, wipe-off placemats, but I think the tablecloths are much more cheerful (especially since I'm not the one who does the laundry!), don't you?

3 comments:

  1. Yes! Lovely. My husband is also the laundry man in our house. Eldest's friends think this is so weird that she is almost convinced he deserves some sort of medal for it - oh, the work we must do fighting that culture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most definitely! We have the same problem with our big table and vintage cloths ~ we often double as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - my husband will throw in a load if it's urgent for him, but that's it! i admit i only do table cloths on a special occasion. we are just messy eaters!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...