Thursday, November 6, 2014

First Snow

Before everything went all to hell this week, there was snow.

A real nor'easter, it not so much fell from the sky as flew to and from all directions.

As I lay in bed in the morning, watching the snow swirl out the window,

I heard shouts of "It's snowing! It's snowing!"

So magic still exists, and pushing snow around on the deck is still fun,

at least for the first snow.

It didn't let up all day,

giving us a good five or six inches in the end,

plus the first snow day of the year on Monday.

It made me want to cozy up by the fire, with a big stack of books and basket of yarn, for the next five months, a kind of reader/knitter's hibernation.


The snow has pretty much all melted by now, but I wish I had gone into hibernation anyway.

4 comments:

  1. My youngest is wishing for snow, but is content now to "skate" on sidewalks slippery with rain and wet leaves. I, on the other hand, am happy to hibernate, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send some my way! Maybe not until December, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...