Thursday, December 4, 2008

Remedial Blogging

I thought I was being a conscientious blogger...responding to most (but not all) comments when they pop up in my email. And then I noticed the other day that the email address it goes to is "no reply." "Hmmm," I thought, "I wonder if that means I can't send a reply email." So I asked a friend who had commented if she'd gotten my email and guess what? She hadn't. I guess "no reply" actually does mean NO REPLY.

I know that when you leave a comment you give Blogger your email address, I just don't know where it goes. And I know I've gotten responses to comments I've left on other people's blogs, I just don't know how they do it (they probably have Typepad or Wordpress or some other fancy blogging platform...I think I'm developing blogger envy, but I don't have the energy or inclination to switch over).

Basically, I have no clue how to operate this bloggy thing, other than to post my posts. This may be a good thing...I read somewhere that the number of readers you have is inversely proportional to the the number of times that you check your stats. I don't know how to check my stats, so it may just be possible that I have, like, 8 or 9 readers, rather than the 3 or 4 of you I imagine out there.

Oh, and if you do leave a comment and don't hear back from me...I'm not ignoring you...I just don't know what I'm doing.

3 comments:

  1. I'm no whiz, but I'll tell you what I know.

    The best way to respond to your comments is in your blog's comments section. That or click on hotlinked names at the bottom of the comment and hope they've left an email addy in their profile.

    If you want a sitemeter, go to this site and get an account, paste the meter in your layout-gadget section and you can find out who's reading, when and where. It's wicked fun.

    Let me know, here or via e-mail, if you need some help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only reply to comments in my comment section - and only if they so inspire me or seem to need a reply. I know of no other way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. In theory, as Lone Star Ma implies, it's one way to keep 'em coming back.

    "Has she or he replied to my comment?" becomes a surprisingly burning question.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...