Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hermit Island

We wound up the Birthday Week Extravaganza with the most perfect-weather camping weekend we've yet had (usually you can expect a few showers the third weekend of May, if not outright downpours--other than a bit of fog Sunday morning, we didn't see a drop).


We spent most of the weekend relaxing on the beach,












although E, my mom and I managed to get in a short hike, on which we glimpsed a pair of friendly, if not downright tame, deer.


















The boys clearly thought it was high summer and spent a good deal of time right in the water, jumping waves. Brrr.



















I kind of see our May birthdays camping weekend (this is the third annual) as our personal official start to summer--a weekend spent lazing on the beach, sleeping in a tent, cooking on a fire--a signpost that we're not going to let summer pass us by unexperienced, but that we're going to be right there in it, touching, tasting, being summer. Won't you join us?

3 comments:

  1. This looks heavenly! I have heard of this place but always forget about 0 after these pics I am sure to remember. We'll have to do a little trip ourselves. Glad you are enjoying our early summer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this line and this idea: "a signpost that we're not going to let summer pass us by unexperienced, but that we're going to be right there in it, touching, tasting, being summer." Being hundreds of miles from the ocean, I think I'll have to choose a different signpost to commemorate the arrival of summer. Perhaps our first annual trip to the Farmer's Market? Nothing says summer to me like fresh local produce!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...