Monday, February 9, 2015

Some Recent Writings

I've had a few piece of writing appear online over the last few weeks that I thought I'd share with you.


1) Today my short essay "The Twins and The Pendulum" kicks off a sibling blog series on Brain, Child Magazine's "Brain, Mother" blog.

2) Last week, I shared a tale of my two AWP (Association of Writers and Writing Programs) Conference experiences in "Two Takes on AWP" on the Literary Mama blog as part of their "Snapshots from AWP" series leading up to the conference this April.

3) And finally, Brain, Child resurrected my first published essay, "Raising Private Milo," from their print archives and shared it online a couple of weeks ago. For anyone who reads this piece and shares the same worries I relate in the essay, let me assure you that, as with most things parenting-related, "This too shall pass on." The title character is now thirteen, watches The Daily Show religiously (now that his beloved Stephen Colbert has moved on), and wouldn't touch a camouflage shirt with a ten-foot pole.

7 comments:

  1. How very exciting! I am definitely saving thiese links to check them out when I have real time to sit and read... maybe later in the week with a cup of tea and 2 napping babes. Wouldn'T that be lovely??? Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yanic. I cup of tea and two napping babes sounds divine!

      Delete
  2. How wonderful, I shall go off and read them now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely identify with your last piece of writing. I too went through those worries with my son. I have two brothers who did the exact same thing when we were growing up, they are now such gentle adult men that it helped me to come to terms with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boys! So great you had real-life examples to look to. It's always so helpful to be reassured that our kid is just going through a stage and is not on the fast track to becoming a sniper.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...