Tuesday, December 22, 2015

November-December Knit ~ Legwarmers

My final knit of the year was a pair of leg warmers made from a skein of cloud-soft angora/mohair blend. The lace at the top gave me fits at first, but once I got that under control, they knit up pretty easy and were a good watching TV/riding in the car knit. I've worn them around the house a bit, and they are a bit slouchy, due, I think, to a combination of the pattern not being really stretchy, the yarn not being super springy, and my knitting style being really loose. But, oh!, they are so warm and so, so, so, so soft. I almost want it to get really cold so I can take full advantage of them.

I had set myself a goal, at the beginning of the year, to knit one thing per month for 2015. I managed nine knits, which, while not quite hitting my goal, is pretty good for me (even if some of them are dinky little things. Baby steps--or baby stitches, as it were). As always, summer was my Waterloo. I should just face the fact that I'm not a summer knitter (or find something cool to knit--cotton or silk--in the summer). I had started up another project as soon as I finished the leg warmers, thinking I might get one last knit in this year, but I haven't even finished the first round, so that's not going to happen. Oh well, it can be the first knit of the year for 2016.



I'm happy to see that only four of the nine I knit for myself--I was starting to feel like a selfish knitter (but not feeling too bad about that). You can find pattern info and minimal notes on all these projects on my Ravelry page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...