Tuesday, March 5, 2013

In the Air

It may still look like this in the woods: 


But the river is breaking up,


The boys have hauled out their bikes,


And C is boiling sap.


So it must nearly be spring.

Inside, when I should have been working on a mountain of writing work (I used the excuse that M needed my computer to do research for his homework), I played with some bright, springy fabrics, while E and Z (after an unfortunate incident with fingertips on the evaporator stove pipe) listened to some Harry Potter books on tape friends gave us. (Z is the one hiding inside a sleeping bag, because he thinks the camera will steal his soul).


What signs of spring have you seen?

1 comment:

  1. Daffodils. Crocus. Garlic shoots. But no eagerness, yet, on my part to start digging in the dirt.

    P.S. I like your new header picture.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...