Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Making Peace with November

I've always had it in my mind that November is a gray and dismal month.


A month to be endured.

But the last couple of years have shown a different side to November.


Bright.


Sunny.


Golden.


A month to sink into and breathe a bit, before things get really crazy.


And a month with three paid days off? That's nothing to sneeze at, either.



This November, we've had just a dusting of snow already, too, which I just had enough time to snap a picture of before dashing off to work (or should I say sliding off to work...time to get the snow tires put on).

So it's time I make peace with November. Forgive it for past grayness. And be grateful for its golden light. E wrote this essay, "I'm thankful for cranberry sauce. Why? Because it's tasty. If you had the cranberry sauce I had you would agree." I love the monster he drew on the back that you can just see through the paper.

Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving and four-day weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! I have to confess, November is one of my favorite months. Now January, on the other hand...sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...