Thursday, September 1, 2022

September Book Events and Book Half-Birthday

Uphill Both Ways has been out in the world six months as of today! Join me in a hip-hip-hooray and a many happy returns on the day for this little book.


If you want to celebrate with me in person, I have two events happening this month:

Saturday, September 10th, 10 a.m., at Lithgow Library in Augusta, with Jennifer Dupree, author of The Miraculous Flight of Owen Leach.
Monday, September 12th, 6 p.m., Readfield Community Library, Readfield, ME.


I also expect a couple of podcast episodes to drop this month, and I'll keep you posted on those.

Earlier this week, I received my first royalty statement (and check!) for the book. It's sold nearly 500 copies of paper books and more than 20 electronic. I read somewhere that most books sell fewer than 250 copies in the first year, so that's good news, I think. I'd like to double that number for the second six months. Here are some ways you can help make that happen:

  • If you haven't bought your own copy yet, you can order one from one of the vendors listed here.
  • If you read the book and enjoyed it, review it on Amazon and/or Goodreads.
  • If you know of a podcast, blog, magazine, website or other platform that would be a good fit for featuring the book, let me know.
  • Ask your local bookstore, outdoor gear store, or library to carry the book. You can use this sell sheet to provide them more information. 
  • Drop a stack of bookmarks at your local bookstore, library, coffee shop, gear store, or climbing gym. Email me and I'll send you a bunch.
  • Share a picture of the book with your pet, your favorite beverage, or yourself reading it on social media. Tag @Andrea.lani and #uphillbothwaysbook on Instagram or link to my website www.andrealani.com on Facebook or Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...