Uphill Both Ways has been out in the world six months as of today! Join me in a hip-hip-hooray and a many happy returns on the day for this little book.
If you want to celebrate with me in person, I have two events happening this month:
Saturday, September 10th, 10 a.m., at Lithgow Library in Augusta, with Jennifer Dupree, author of The Miraculous Flight of Owen Leach.Readfield Community Library, Readfield, ME.
I also expect a couple of podcast episodes to drop this month, and I'll keep you posted on those.
Earlier this week, I received my first royalty statement (and check!) for the book. It's sold nearly 500 copies of paper books and more than 20 electronic. I read somewhere that most books sell fewer than 250 copies in the first year, so that's good news, I think. I'd like to double that number for the second six months. Here are some ways you can help make that happen:
- If you haven't bought your own copy yet, you can order one from one of the vendors listed here.
- If you read the book and enjoyed it, review it on Amazon and/or Goodreads.
- If you know of a podcast, blog, magazine, website or other platform that would be a good fit for featuring the book, let me know.
- Ask your local bookstore, outdoor gear store, or library to carry the book. You can use this sell sheet to provide them more information.
- Drop a stack of bookmarks at your local bookstore, library, coffee shop, gear store, or climbing gym. Email me and I'll send you a bunch.
- Share a picture of the book with your pet, your favorite beverage, or yourself reading it on social media. Tag @Andrea.lani and #uphillbothwaysbook on Instagram or link to my website www.andrealani.com on Facebook or Twitter.