Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Ninety-Five Pages Later...

I finally stopped moving around commas and sent in my final Third Semester Project (reason number two, right after baseball season, that I haven't been in this space much lately). 

Mother, Nature: Women Writing at the Confluence of Family and the Natural World
So, maybe I went a teensy bit overboard (it was only supposed to be 35 pages), but I really didn't want to narrow my topic, and my mentor was perfectly happy to read all 95 pages, so I just dug in went for it. And I really enjoyed the whole process, from reading the books, choosing quotes, taking notes, reflecting, making connections, and putting it all together in a way that made sense. I know, weird right? Maybe I should have gone into academia. Ha!

Anyway, it's done, and I'm so very pleased. It is weird to think, though, about putting so much into writing something that no one will actually read. I never thought about that as an undergrad, that my teachers would be the only ones to ever lay eyes on my papers, though that was probably a good thing.

In any case, I printed out a copy for myself and found this fancy report cover in our school supply cabinet to put it in, so I can at least put it on my desk and admire it for a few weeks.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Andrea.

    Do you ever read the New York Review of Books? They dependably publish nuanced observations by smart people on writing and literature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger has lost its ability to deal with my multiple google identities. Is this a sign?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should find a venue to publish this because I'd like to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone!

    Rachel--I can send you a copy, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...