Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Handmade Holiday: Easy Watercolor Gift Tags

If you have young children, it's likely you have an excess of abstract watercolor paintings--especially if you have a tendency to play Waldorf school now and then. What to do with all those paintings? They're too pretty to throw away, but I assure you your kids won't thank you if you save them in the musty basement and hand them over in a huge box along with all their spelling tests and vaccine records when they're 35 years old.

I've used ours for Mother's Day Cards, Valentines and gift tags.


For the gift tags, I just stick on blank mailing labels (there are usually a few blank ones left over at the bottom of a sheet after I print out our Christmas card labels or GEMINI mailing labels), cut out rectangles and punch a hole in the corner, then tie them to gift bags or packages. Pretty, fun and recycled. Yea!

3 comments:

  1. Love the labels! We turn our paintings into wrapping paper, lanterns or little buntings. :) do you ship Gemini to the UK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a smart idea. I admit that a certain amount of our kid art finds itself the victim of triage (and then of recycling). This is the perfect solution - and just in time for me to get my wrapping on!

    Happy holidays to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!

    Kristen--Yeah, much of the artwork around here gets recycled, too. But still we have much that doesn't!

    Miri--I love the idea of mini watercolor buntings!! I can ship GEMINI to the UK--send me your address at andreaelani at yahoo dot com. The latest issue is a year old (and not sure when the next one will come out!) But I'd be happy to send it to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...