Thursday, December 29, 2016

Handmade Holiday 2016

This year wasn't a very making-ey sort of holiday for me…I just wasn't in a crafty mood! But I did make a few small things.

By special request from one of my mothers-in-law, a pair of fingerless gloves (Ravelry link).


For the annual ornament exchange I do with my mom, sisters, and aunts, I made little matryoshka dolls. The design came from Fa La La La Felt, and the flowers and head scarves are made from a little kit of kimono printed felt I bought a long time ago which doesn't seem to be available anymore.

After pulling several late nights to complete my ornaments for last Christmas, and while still feeling in the hand-making spirit, I made these last January, while watching the Men in Black trilogy with the boys (which is why every time they ask me if I remember a scene from one of those movies, I have no idea what they're talking about). I think I will do the same this year (though not necessarily with MIB), and get my ornaments made well in advance!

For M, I "made" this Jeeves and Wooster songbook, which only involved buying, downloading, and printing sheet music from the show's theme song, plus a few of Bertie's signature tunes ("Mini the Moocher," "Puttin' on the Ritz," etc.). Sadly, I couldn't find a copy of "47 Ginger-Headed Sailors."



I also hole-punched and put the music sheets in a binder, and made a cover collage, so that counts as handmade, right?

Z and I made vanilla extract again this year. I had planned to get it going early enough that it would be ready to use when we gave it away, but we didn't get to it until the weekend before Christmas.

On the receiving end, this little snowman was a collaboration between my mom, dad, and sister.

And, of course, the annual grammy jammies. This year the boys have all graduated to jammie pants only, with t-shirt tops. I only managed to get a night photo, with flash, but I sort of like the old-school snapshot vibe that gives it.



I have one last gift still in progress. I'll share photos once it's done and given away.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...